Saturday, November 21, 2009

Beverage Tips for your next party

One thing I would like to do with the Diamond Events by Tiffany Blog is to provide some tips to help you with planning your own parties.  Something that will come up for any party you plan will be beverages.  What should we serve, how much, etc.  Here are a few tips to get you started, just in time for all of your holiday gatherings.

1. Keep it simple.

2. If you're serving beer, offer one regular and one light.
3. If you're serving wine, offer a good merlot and chardonnay.
4. If you're serving soft drinks, we recommend offering Coke, Diet Coke, and 7-up.
5. Don't forget the bottled water and ice.
6. Feature one really good "house" drink.
7. Have enough glasses, but not five different kinds.
8. If you feature a martini, it's got to be in a martini glass.
9. The rule of thumb is to have 2-1/2 glasses for each guest.
10. Beverages need napkins. Get at least as many napkins as glasses - more if you're planning on using them for passed hors d'oeuvres.

I can not claim these tips as my own, as I am sure I read them somewhere over the years.  Unfortunatly, I do not remember where to give proper credit.  I have been doing events for years and reading tips and tricks even longer.  Somethings, I pick up along the way.  I hope these will help you at your next party. 

Cheers!!!!

Tiff