Monday, November 9, 2009

The Importance of Shoes

The importance I placed on my wedding shoes is beyond words. I think I might have loved my shoes more than the dress. They were perfection.




Why do shoes mean so much, especially to some women? They have always been important. How many of us had parents who kept our first pair of toddler shoes as a memento? We all grew up trying on mom’s high heels, they were so glamorous. If you were a ballerina, as a child, I am sure you remember your first pair of toe shoes. When I was begging for something unreasonable, I was told about how someone "walked to school and back BAREFOOT, in the snow (and added an "uphill both ways" if it was really unreasonable).

Shoes have played a big role in movies and fairy tales, too. Dorothy had her Ruby Red Slippers; she just had to click the heels three times to remember, “There’s no place like home”.The little girl in all of us cannot forget Prince Charming searching for the foot that fit the glass slipper….the foot of his future Princess, Cinderella.

My most important shoes were for my wedding day. They were Christian Louboutin HOT pink satin stilettos with a bow. All the older, more traditional people I know questioned my sanity on picking HOT pink shoes for my wedding day. Why not? I am known for my love of pink and I could argue that no one would see them under my dress. HA!!! I made sure EVERYONE saw them.




When shopping for your wedding shoes, have fun. Wear a pair that makes a statement about your personality (and stash a pair of comfy satin ballet slippers away for dancing). This one detail is something you may actually use again!!!!

Tiffany Powell, Event Designer
Diamond Events by Tiffany
http://www.diamondeventsbytiffany.com/
contact me for all your event and wedding planning needs