Sunday, December 27, 2009

Six Flags Holiday in the Park (Arlington, Texas)

One of the holiday traditions my family and I share is going to Six Flags Holiday in the Park.  We have been going, every Holiday Season, since we were children.  Now, we are "grown-ups" and are able to share this tradition with our significant others and children. 

When I was younger, I was always the one to wait and wait and wait while most everyone else rode the big roller coasters.  I am not a roller coaster kind of gal....and I am so happy that my loving husband agrees and sits with me while we are waiting for others to enjoy the ride.  I did brave Tony Hawks Big Spin, however, and OMG....I LOVED IT!!!! 



We have our favorite rides.  We enjoy the snake thingie in Spain, that used to be the Bobsled (before they called this section Spain, I think....a bobsled would not work well in "Spain"), El Concistidor, the ship that swings back and forth....when I was younger, I used to be afraid that this ONE TIME would be the ONE TIME it went all the way around....leaving us hanging upside down (ok...I admit, I still think like this), the swings, and of course, the old time cars.



This is just a fun time to act like a child and let loose.  The lights and holiday decorations really get you in the spirit.  If you have some free time this next week, take the drive to Arlington and spend the day.  Be sure to stay until dark so you do not miss the best of the lights.  Holiday in the Park is open thru January 3rd, so get out there and have some fun.

The lines are not as long as they can get during the summer.  We did plan ahead and bought our tickets and parking pass online at http://www.sixflags.com/.  Also, I believe that Albertsons has discount tickets that you can purchase ahead of time.

Best Wishes,

Tiff
http://www.diamondeventsbytiffany.com/